Match Wits With Our Word Wizards
(Text-only version of Word Wizards)
Continual or Continuous
From each set, pick the best choice for formal
- One session of the 1998 AAAI Fall Symposium dealt with
- Figure 19 shows a number of examples of
continuous) and intermittent
- The energies of these holes lie in the
spectrum of the valence band.
- The system uses the D-channel of the ISDN line to keep
continuous) connection to
your Internet service.
- Our Webcam site is updated every minute for
- Testing in the 1- by 1-Foot Supersonic Wind Tunnel
Monday through Friday.
- Brad had headaches (continually,
during his work on the stressful project.
- Glacier Bay National Park and its environs comprise
the largest (continual,
area in the United States.
- ISO 9000 emphasizes (continual,
- Many universities have a (continual,
For an explanation of continual and continuous, see
Quirks of English.
Policy and Important Notices]
Responsible NASA Official: Natalie L. Henrich,
Glenn Technical Publications Manager
Web Curator: Caroline A. Rist
Last updated: 4/22/2011