Editing and Writing Services
Publishing Services' professional writers and editors have years of
proven experience. We provide editing of scientific and technical
documents for NASA-authored publications and presentations;
proofreading; and editorial advice on NASA publishing policy,
good writing practices, style, and presentation of materials.
- Technical and nontechnical editing
- Advice on policy, style, and presentation
- Customer-chosen levels of editor involvement
Troubled by a grammar or word usage problem?
Ask an editor.
Challenge yourself or sharpen your word skills with our online
writing helps and tips:
Look into these other resources for more technical writing help:
For more information about our editing and writing services,
Caroline.A.Rist@nasa.gov, (216) 433-5810.
- Description of the NASA report series—second
page of the C-22 form
- Technical societies—online author instructions and style guides
- Upcoming technical conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Acronyms and initialisms—lists of general, computer, aerospace, and military acronym lists
- Grammar, Punctuation, and Capitalization—NASA SP-7084, A Handbook for Technical Writers and Editors from NASA Langley
- NASA publication guides from the Scientific and Technical Information Program (STI)
—including a guide for authors (NASA/SP—2005-7602(Rev. 1))
- Online dictionaries and translation services
- NASA Thesaurus—official NASA spellings and key words to use on your report documentation
- Elements of
Style—a classic on writing style by William Strunk, Jr.
Thesaurus—a classic for finding just the right word
- RhymeZone—find rhyming words
- Resources for learning English as a second language from the Community Learning Network
- World Wide Words—information
about the history, quirks, curiosities, and evolution of the English language
- The Word Detective—dry humor
and answers to readers questions about the English language
- Common Errors in English—advice on English word usage
Policy and Important Notices]
Responsible NASA Official: Natalie L. Henrich,
Glenn Technical Publications Manager
Web Curator: Caroline A. Rist
Last updated: 4/22/2011